Recipe: Pumpkin Soup
I’m just now getting to go over the pictures from our first Primal Thanksgiving. This one might be the only one that I would consider seasonal, but I’d rather the post it for posterity and reference for next year than lose it.
3 C. Pumpkin – Pureed
4 C. Chicken Broth
1/2 C. Coconut Milk
1 Onion – Chopped
1 tsp. Thyme
1 tsp. Oregano
1/2 tsp. Ginger
1 tsp. Paprika
1/2 tsp Cayenne pepper
1 Tbsp. Organic Unsalted Butter
1) Start off by adding all the spices to a large pot.
2) Add the Pumpkin mixture to the spices and mix in well. You can use a fresh pumpkin like we did and puree it yourself; but you should be able to find canned pumpkin with pumpkin as the sole ingredient on the label.
3) Add the four cups of Chicken Broth and stir well.
4) Cook over medium heat for approximately 15 minutes.
5) Add 1/2 C. of Coconut Milk and 1 Tbsp. of Butter.
6) Cook for an additional 10 minutes.